Cantarranas, Nr. Pelayo, Tarifa
The three casitas at Cantarranas are set in the Tarifa hills within the protected ‘Los Alcornocales' forest. Due to their idyllic location within the natural park, the surrounding countryside has remained virtually untouched since the cortijo was originally built 150 years ago. The views from the casitas are both breathtaking and utterly unique; an uninterrupted vista of Africa where terracotta villages perched on the Rif Mountain appear within touching distance. With Northern Africa only 14 km away, this is the place where one continent ends and another begins.
On the property the three casitas sleep two or a maximum of three people. They are each decorated in their own personal style and all have a private terrace where the magnificent panoramic view of Morocco’s rugged coastline can be best enjoyed. La Hoya’s closest town Pelayo is only a two mile drive away, yet the winding lane through the forest that leads you to the properties passes through wild olive trees, expansive farmland and Mediterranean flora creating the illusion of a secluded hideaway. Indeed these magical surroundings make these casitas a real haven in which to recover from the pressures and stresses of everyday life.
If swimming and sunbathing are all you want from your holiday then look no further. Cantarranas' infinity pool and the averagee 300 days of sunshine per year are all conducive to rest and relaxation. However, there is plenty to do in the area; only seven miles away is the historic town of Tarifa with its Moorish castle, narrow streets and spectacular white sandy beaches. Tarifa is world-renowned for its wind and excellent kite surfing conditions, not to mention its Ibiza-esque ambience. Day drips to the white villages, the cultural capitals of Cádiz and Sevilla and close by roman archaeological ruins are also easy excursion-options from the casitas.
Seasons and Rates in Euros per week for las casitas de cantarranas
July & August
1090€ per week for 2 people – additional bed is 175€ a week
September & October
850€ per week for 2 people – additional bed is 140€a week
March, April, Mayo y Junio
790€ per week for 2 people – additional bed is 140€ a week
January, February, Nocvember & December
540€ per week for 2 people – additional bed is 105€ a week
Minimum stay is one week in July and August
Saturday Arrival: from 4pm
Saturday Departure: from 10am
- All bed linen, bath towels are provided
- Bedrooms: Sleeps 2 people (Double bedroom ensuite, day bed in the open-plan sitting room/kitchen)
- Views of the Natural Cork Forest & the bay of Gibraltar
- Extras: Cleaning & Cooking can be arranged on request at additional cost
- Pets: On request
- Fully self catering with well equipped kitchen
- The owner is happy to do a small supermarket shop for the basics for your arrival
- The owners live on site and are happy to help with any questions or help you might need
- Exterior lighting on the terraces and in the garden
- Baby cot, bedding and high chair by request only
- Direct access to large mature gardens and lawn
- Central heating, towel heater
- Ceiling fan in bedroom
- Hairdryer in bathroom
- Satellite TV
- Radio with CD player
- Laundry room (main house)
- Infinity swimming pool unfenced (12 x 5m) overlooking the sea
- Pergola for shade by the swiming pool
- Sun loungers
- Shaded Parking
- Mobile phone signal on site
50% non-refundable deposit to be paid when confirming the booking. The remaining 50% should be paid by bank transfer 8 weeks prior to arrival
N.B. Access to the property is via a 3km dirt track off the N340; it is not always in perfect condition, sports cars are not recommended!
Enjoyed our stay at Cantarranas immensely. Stunning place and surroundings. Cottages and garden very well kept. Friendly and helpful owner. We will come back.
Guest from Wiltshire, Uk
If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing beautiful place this is it. Excellent upkeep and friendly owners. We enjoyed every bit of it.
Guest from Scotland, UK